Advantages of Dental Implants
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that substitute for missing, rotting, or weak teeth. Dental implants are a permanent replacement for missing teeth and function as natural teeth. Dental implants can be used to replace one tooth or multiple teeth. Dental implants have multiple benefits to your dental health. Below are 5 benefits of dental implants from The Smile Zone.
- Improved Appearance
- Dental implants resemble natural teeth and can improve the look of your smile by replacing missing or rotting teeth. If missing teeth have always made you feel self-conscious, dental implants can give you your confidence back!
- Dental implants are made to last a lifetime! They are extremely durable and are a permanent solution, unlike dentures, crowns, and bridges. While dental implants are typically more expensive than other options, they will pay for themselves in the long run.
- Dental implants feel just like natural teeth! Unlike dentures that tend to move or slip in your mouth, dental implants are permanent and stay in place. Dental implants can also improve your ability to chew your food without discomfort or pain.
- Improved Speech
- Unlike dentures, dental implants stay in place, so you don’t have to worry about your teeth slipping. Dentures slipping can cause you to slur your words and may make you feel self-conscious or even avoid speaking in a public setting. Let yourself be heard with dental implants.
- Better oral health
- Dental implants prevent bone loss since the implant’s roots are connected to your jawbone. You will also have a lower risk of cavities, infections, and shifting teeth. Saying yes to dental implants will improve your future oral health.
If you suffer from missing, rotting, or weak teeth, you may be a candidate for dental implants. The cosmetic dentist at The Smile Zone can determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants. Our dentist office serves patients throughout Albany, NY and the surrounding areas. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment.